Use the Texas Online website. To request action by the legislature or express your opinion on a legislative issue:
- Go to the Who Represents Me? website to identify your representatives or to get contact information for them.
- Go to the committee pages of the Senate and House of Representatives website to get contact information for the committees dealing with the issue.
- Use the Help function. A link to the Help function is located on each page of the Texas Legislature Online website on the red tab in the upper right corner.
- Check the FAQ page to see if your question is covered there.
- Check the Guide to Texas Legislative Information.
- If the resources above do not help, use the Texas Legislature Online form to ask your question. DO NOT request legal opinions or legal assistance. Such requests will not receive a response.
Use the Texas Legislature Online form.